Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Heading home!

Ok. So maybe I spoke a little too fast about Micah being a daddy's girl.  She still prefers being held by me, having me push her stroller, and me more or less being at her beckon call.  She hasn't made a habit of running to her daddy with her arms open yet.  However, Reid STILL doesn't get to take a sleeping pill for the plane ride home!

I cannot overstate the progress this little girl has made in less than 2 weeks.  She has gone from being sad and grumpy almost all of the time to being pretty happy and contented most of the time.  We know how to get her to smile and laugh, and she sleeps like an absolute champ! (A HUGE answer to prayer!) She has gone from having a hard time being in the same room with Reid to sitting on his lap readily and even asking to be held by him from time to time. She says "please" when she wants something, and she lets me leave the room for more than a minute without totally losing it. She doesn't cry just out of sadness anymore.  When Micah does cry, it is usually because we have said "no" to something or because we are not jumping high enough when she says jump.  Most of it is pretty basic stuff that ANY 19 month-old needs to work through.

We have a HUGE day of travel beginning 5 a.m. China time. That is 4 p.m. your time on Wednesday.  We will get home around 4 p.m. on Thursday.  So, if you read this blog and think of us, please pray that we are sane somewhere midair and that the other passengers around us are being patient :)  We can't wait to be stateside with America's newest citizen!  Love you all! 

Last night sleep in China! Notice she STILL likes to sleep with a terry cloth towel.



1 comment:

  1. Ellen, I just want to share that I happend across your blog through facebook and I am so glad that I did. What a beautiful family you have!! You can see the sure joy in each of your faces and it is such a wonderful blessing to see. I'm so happy for you and your family. Children are such a blessing and they are SO BLESSED to have you as their mother.

    ReplyDelete